Hey there! The holiday season has finally set in, and between everything we’re doing, I feel like I haven’t had a ton of spare time to catch up on here. This weekend, we finally got our Christmas tree (we’re watering it profusely and keeping the lights off for the most part!) and put the lights on the other night.
But because I haven’t been posting as often as I was for a while, I wanted to give sort of a life update. Here’s what I’ve been up to over the last couple of weeks!
What I’m eating/drinking:
- this chocolate peanut butter banana bread – it’s ALMOST oil-free and contains FOUR bananas!
- these carob + almond butter gomacro bars* – I can’t find the same link I used, but the cashew caramel ones are amazing, too!
- Yogi ginger tea* – I feel like this brand is super concentrated compared with other popular brands, but I’m convinced that all of the ginger one that I’ve been drinking has helped me not get sick yet this season!
What I’m listening to: My Favorite Murder podcast
What I’m up to these days:
- eating more vegetables + less oil – we don’t incorporate more than a tablespoon of oil into most recipes these days, and I’m making sure to incorporate produce in some way into every meal. I used to eat oatmeal with peanut butter or some other topping that wasn’t a fruit or vegetable, but it’s the holidays, so that’s not an option! More holidays means more parties, which means more opportunities for junk food, and the more healthy stuff I can pack in, the less junk food can fit in.
- working out on weekdays, letting myself chill out on weekends. I haven’t gotten sick once yet, but I’ve had nights when I’ve passed out much earlier than usual.
- planning Christmas things – our plans changed because we’ve gotten ourselves behind on wedding stuff AND Dave starts classes in January, so we want to get as much done as possible. He changed the garbage disposal today and we’ll be addressing Save the Dates soon, as well as working on several things for our vendors, choosing the suits for him and his best man, and getting a bunch of other wedding prep done!
What I want to do (#goals):
- go to bed earlier + get up earlier – it’s hard for me to wake up early, but with 2018 (and 2 weddings, 1 being ours!) coming up fast, I want to be able to make the most of my days and get my workouts in early!
- meal prep – I don’t always do this, but preparing breakfasts + lunches ahead of time makes mornings easier 🙂
- guest post on other websites! It’s been a while, and I’m about to have a ton of time to do things at night, so it’s time I make good use of it.
- take a couple of courses (unofficial ones) online. It’s been a while since I’ve taken any kind of class, so I figure a couple of free (and maybe a local yoga or barre class? IDK) classes would be good to get into.
What I’m loving in the news:
- Beyond Meat is finally launching a vegan pork-like sausage! After the massive success of its Beyond Burger, the company has finally expanded into sausage. The sausage is currently only available at the Whole Foods Beyond Burger restaurant in Boulder, CO.
- The American Diabetics Association has approved a plant-based, vegan diet as being a healthy way to manage type 2 diabetes! Read the full 2018 report here.
- Boston’s City Council passed a ban on plastic bags (effective Fall 2018) in an effort to curb plastic pollution.
- Rotten, a new Netflix series premiering on January 5th, will go behind the scenes to expose the corruption behind American eating habits. “If you eat food,” the trailer states, “this is an issue you need to worry about.”
Questions for you:
What are you up to these days?
What goals do you have lined up for 2018? Do you set goals for the new year? I usually don’t but instead have ongoing goals to achieve, but I think putting together more solid ones will help me accomplish what I need to do!
*Please note that this post does contain affiliate links, but I am actually consuming the stuff; I just wanted to share, too!