It’s Finally Fall! Here’s Your Weekly Vegan News Round-Up!!
Happy Friday! It’s finally fall, and it’s the perfect time to snuggle up with some tea to your laptop. And what better to fuel that than some of the latest news in the plant-based community?
In light of everything that has happened recently, I wanted to post a news round-up. With so much negativity in the world right now and everyone choosing sides, I wanted to share something lighthearted and positive.
So here you go.
However, I also wanted to share information on how to help those affected by the recent hurricanes and the shooting in Las Vegas, so for more information, scroll down to the bottom of this post.
But in any case, here’s what’s happening over in the vegan news world (click on links to visit articles!):
- A writer at Hello Giggles shared what she’s learned by being vegan while dating a self-proclaimed carnivore.
- Popular website PopSugar shared its recipe for the best vegan pumpkin macaroni and cheese— starting from scratch with a sugar pumpkin!
- Reader’s Digest outlined what a vegan diet means, and shared 12 tasty recipes to satisfy even the biggest meat-lover.
- Blink-182’s road chef is opening her very own vegan deli in Orlando, serving up savory, plant-based versions of hearty classics.
- Pebble Magazine has posed the question, “Could you go vegan for a week?” with over ten thousand people signed up for the challenge already.
- Burger bar Bareburger has announced that it will launch an all-vegan concept restaurant by next year. The most likely burger to take the starring role? The plant-based Impossible Burger.
- Missing cream cheese, but don’t want to substitute a preservative-filled vegan version? Try making your own, with One Green Planet’s almond cream cheese recipe here!
- Despite having fried its french fries in beef fat until 1990, McDonald’s is testing out a new vegan burger… in Finland.
- Fall Out Boy’s drummer, Andrew Hurley, has opened a vegan cafe in Portland with plant-based milks and vegan doughnuts!
- Is the plant-based lifestyle unpopular? 1200 New York public schools adding a vegan option to their lunches say otherwise!
- Protein-packed ice cream company Halo Top has debuted 7 all-vegan ice cream options, all under 360 calories a pint!
- Impossible Foods, creator of the Impossible Burger, is now working on a plant-based ‘fish.’ With how popular the burger has been as of yet, will the fish substitute weigh in as well?
Looking to contribute to those affected by the recent hurricanes and tragedy in Las Vegas? Check out these resources below!
- The Clark County Commission Chair from Las Vegas has set up a Las Vegas Victims’ Fund on GoFundMe– visit their website here.
- NPR published an article here on how to help those affected by Hurricane Harvey; there are a multitude of organizations working to help those in need, so there’s no shortage of options, for lack of a better term.
- Mashable also published a list of organizations to contribute to or volunteer with to help those affected by Hurricane Irma, which you can find here.